[HamWAN PSDR] Weekly meeting in 1 hour (@7PM PST)

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Tue Feb 12 18:00:53 PST 2013

Hello,

Just a reminder that our weekly board + development team meeting will be
held in 1 hour @ 7PM PST.

*Meeting Details*

*How*

Mumble <http://mumble.sourceforge.net/> voice + text chat software

*Where*

Connect to server "BartK.us"

*When*

Tuesdays @ 7:00PM PST

If you haven't installed the latest (beta) mumble client and verified
you can connect and speak A-OK, this would be a good time for that. :)

*Meeting Agenda*

1) The board will vote on the proposed HamWAN Constitution (attached).
2) If Ben is not airborne, he will present details of insurance coverage
policy and bylaws research / writing.  I believe the constitution leaves
a few points to be defined in a bylaws document, although there is no
procedural difference in updating either after the constitution is accepted.
3) The board will vote on incurring debt to bring the Cougar Mtn site
online.
4) Curt will be asked to head up publicity / marketing / recruitment /
use-case research efforts.  Flea Market was a near miss, we need someone
working in this area.  The last point about use-case research is
especially important.  I would like the engineering work to enable some
powerful scenarios for the network's users, but there is no clear
picture of what network users want to do since this kind of network
doesn't exist yet.  Engineering can take guesses, but it'd be good to
hear from users too.  Talk to EOCs, ARES, RACES, regular digital hams, etc.
5) Flea Market preparedness discussion.  What are we missing and who's
coming?  The 10ft Rohn 25 section is kind of massive.
6) Discussion of open items and who wants to take on what.  See the
website for open items.  I would say the focus right now is on getting
things working well enough to serve @ the Flea Market, @ MHDC and on
Cougar.  So RF problem space is front and center right now.  If you
can't do RF work directly, perhaps you can help it along by implementing
3D radiation pattern measurement software and figuring out how to
publish the results to the web.