[HamWAN PSDR] Time to dig through your couch cushions...

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Sat May 11 13:59:00 PDT 2013

Hi All,

This week we got part of a site deployed!  Two more sectors still need
to go up since there was an issue with a
supposed-to-be-present-but-was-missing ladder.  We should be able to get
them up in a couple weeks from now and finish up the site fully.  I'm
asking everyone involved to keep the site location private for the time
being since the network config is still in a shambles and the site is
open to abuse right now.  It should be fully configured by end of month
and we'll announce its Grand Opening then.  :)

But this good news comes with a flip side.  We're now out of inventory
and need to back-fill it.  This site deploy has cost us about $1500 of
hardware, and the majority of that came out of my personal pocket.  I'd
like to re-stock HamWAN's inventory so that we've always got a site on
hot-standby ready to deploy.  In fact, if we didn't have a hot standby
ready we wouldn't have scored this location!  We had 48 hours notice to
prep everything and deploy. Everyone came together really well and
equipment is live, flying high and on the Internet.

*So, it's time for all of you who would like to see more sites come
online to dig through your couch cushions and donate to HamWAN so that
we can raise $1500 and replace the deployed equipment.  You can donate
by clicking PayPal Donate or Subscribe buttons on the HamWAN.org
website.*  I'm not in a personal financial position to purchase the next
site.

In a week from today, I'll announce how much money we've managed to raise.

Thank you all in advance for your support!