[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: Approve purchase of 2 cell sites worth of gear

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Sun May 19 19:09:37 PDT 2013

Hello,

We're moving into a busy deployment season.  We must be ready to capture
sites for expanding the HamWAN network as they become available.  The
sites don't work on our schedule, we must be ready to work on theirs.
The discussions we're holding with site owners are indicating we're
about to need 1-2 more sites worth of gear in the next few weeks.  This
spending request is to approve a purchase of enough equipment to stand
up 2 cell sites, with a spending limit of $4000.  It should come in just
a little above $3000 from what I can tell.

Despite the low current donation levels, we have a credit limit of $8000
we can use.  I believe it'd be best to get the network on the air, allow
the user base to expand, and then pay down the initial build-out costs.
The only reason we have anything on the air right now is because of this
policy.  We do have enough cash on hand (about $1400) to make interest
payments on this debt for a year should the fund raising continue to be
a challenge even with a larger network footprint.  Since my report of
last week's fund raising, we've raised another $100 dollars, making for
a total of $220 raised in the last week.  I'm trying to hang on to at
least $1000 of cash as a float in case of emergencies, so we're still
shy $1100 on the cash-only cell site purchase.

Directors, please cast your votes.  My vote is for approving this
spending.  Voting will close 24 hours from the time of this email.
(Monday, just after 7PM PST)  List members, feel free to talk to
directors to influence votes.