[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN portable

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 10:44:04 PDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Jeff Francis™ <jeff at gritch.org> wrote:
>   Fair enough, but what the picture doesn't show you is this is the antenna
> I was pointed at:
>
>   http://plane.gritch.org/plane/tn/2013-09-08%2013.35.49.jpg.html
>
>   I was only a bit further away from where I took this photo.  So the angle
> was correct for my location (and yes, I did pan around quite a bit to make
> sure I had the strongest signal).  I was looking up at the tower from where
> I was standing.  Not too hard to sight in from that distance, no compass
> required.
>
>   So do I need to have my MAC address added to a table somewhere for this to
> work, or is my problem elsewhere?

There is no such table. Soon there will be a certificate based
authentication scheme, but this will only prevent you from routing
packet, it will not influence your ability to receive a signal. If
your radio is on the right frequency, you should at least be able to
receive a signal.

When was your modem configured? A month or two ago the channel plan
was changed, moving all the sectors into the ham-only part of the band
to avoid interference from Part 15 users.

The configuration here is accurate today:
https://www.hamwan.org/t/tiki-index.php?page=Client+Node+Configuration

Tom KD7LXL