[HamWAN PSDR] routerOS update issue

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Sun Oct 6 22:06:11 PDT 2013

Greetings all,

Just a quick update to the Wiki.

Tonight I was following the client setup instructions and pretty much blew
by the fact that for some reason my routerOS did not update when I did the
drag and drop with the v6.4 OS file.

After fiddling with it for a while, I found that every time I did a "drag
and drop" of the .npk file onto WinBox, it would start the file copy then
abort and close the router connection.  After multiple attempts and
downloads, I finally signed into the router via command line FTP and was
able to successfully upload it and the router updated normally.

The OS that shipped on my metal was 5.24.  After updating, the next WinBOX
connection downloaded a new WinBox copy and all started off fine business.

As an aside, I had gotten all the way down to the "importing ssh keys"
portion of the document and could not get the "osburn" key to import.  That
was when I finally started back-tracking and found that the OS hadn't
upgraded as expected.

After upgrading, the "osburn" key would still not import, so if anyone has
suggestions on that one, let me know.

Cheers,

Rob