[HamWAN PSDR] Who has short clean LoS to Cougar?

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed Oct 16 22:54:22 PDT 2013

Good stuff!  Try to grab it from a place where we might leave a dish,
and house a yet-to-be-weather-proofed amplifier.  *Short* runs of LMR400
might be OK, but the attenuation/ft is really high @ 6GHz.  The
amplifier looks a little like this, and it makes noise when it runs:

http://www.avalonamprepair.com/hughes_1177h-series.jpg

http://www.avalonamprepair.com/hughes_1177h-series.jpg

We'll dangle a 5SHPn modem with a 20dB attenuator off the RF INPUT port,
and then attach the antenna to the RF OUTPUT port.  We'll have to turn
down the power on the radio to just +20dBm so as not to saturate the
amplifier.  It only needs about 0dBm for full +40dBm output.

--Bart