[HamWAN PSDR] Who has short clean LoS to Cougar?

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed Oct 16 23:21:46 PDT 2013

It doesn't need to be elevated, it just needs LoS to cougar and be
capable of housing a dish + amp for a few weeks without theft/problems.
Weatherproofing might be as simple as the Inverted Bin Mounting System
(IBMS(tm)).  A couple feet of feedline should be OK.  What's the loss on
your hard line?  I think I calculated about 40% (4W) power loss in a
35ft section of 1/2" Heliax.  Microwave transmission is not a business
we wanna be in.  Waveguide is the only sane technique, but that's really
expensive.

I wish the amp was smaller so that it was more convenient to use it, but
is isn't yet.  I'm working on it.  Just unloaded the wire bonder off the
trailer.  It'll bond up some nice microwave dies for compact high power
amps.

--Bart