[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: Approve purchase of two experimental dishes

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Tue Sep 3 11:13:07 PDT 2013

Hello,

We have issues on the RF side with adjacent antenna interference. To
mitigate microwave leakage, I'd like to evaluate a pair of these dishes:

ANT4958D30PB-DP.jpg

http://www.lanbowan.com/ANT4958D30PB-DP.htm

The cost is $109.00/ea.  The shipping cost is $261.34.

I'd also like to order the covers that go with them, since ice can
easily form on the bottom:

http://www.lanbowan.com/Radome-06PB.htm

Not sure of the cover price or if it raises shipping, so let's say the
approval is for $100 extra for 2 covers + their shipping, all up.  If it
goes over $100, I'll cover it personally out of pocket. That would bring
this spending request up to:

Dishes: $109.00 * 2 = $218.00
Shipping: $261.34 * 1 = $261.34
Covers: $100.00 * 1 = $100.00
TOTAL: $579.34

This would be a cash transaction.  Our paypal balance is $1536.27 and
our bank balance is about $500, but I can't tell for sure since key
bank's website is down.

My vote is yes.  Directors, please cast your votes.