[HamWAN PSDR] FCC Changes to 5 GHz

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at k7nvh.com
Tue Apr 1 14:31:02 PDT 2014

The band they are opening up is FAR below where any of our stuff is, so I
don't suspect it's going to impact us in terms of noise floor.

In the near term, it may even provide extra space for part 15 backhaul
links, depending on what the regs turn out to be.

Regarding the manufacturer's rules, we are already using a "compliance
testing" mode of the mikrotik routers, that allows them to transmit
anywhere they're actually capable of. Assuming that mode remains in the
routers, what the standard bands for part 15 wifi are should not impact
us.

Nigel
K7NVH