[HamWAN PSDR] Mikrotik port forwarding

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Thu Apr 3 19:55:31 PDT 2014

OK, I tried that (maxing the SSH window gave me 273 columns), and as I
suspected, the wlan packets are being forwarded to the target, but the
between source/destination NAT and masquerading;  the latter also
modifies the source packet to cause the responses to come back to the
NAT box, so that they can be "un-masqueraded" and sent back to the
originator.

What was happening, is that the responses were being generated, but
since the source address (out in the wild Internet) had not been
masqueraded, the responses were sent by the default route back to the
originator.  However, when that happened, the default route masqueraded
the response, and so when it arrived at the originator, it had the IP
address of the default route (eg, my normal ISP's router), not the IP
address of the radio that the originator expected.  Result? *DROP.*

I needed a second masquerading line, show below in red.  Works!