[HamWAN PSDR] AMPRnet tunnel outage

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Thu Apr 10 20:37:33 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-10 19:34, Bart Kus wrote:
> On 04/10/2014 07:23 PM, Dean Gibson AE7Q wrote:
>> add action=drop chain=input comment="default configuration"
>> in-interface=wlan1-gateway
> My money is on that rule killing the inbound traceroute packets before
> the router can formulate a response packet.
>
> --Bart

OK, problem solved:

Actually, the root problem was that the following didn't work, and I was
using traceroute (to my actual HamWAN IP address) to try to resolve it:

/lynx http://ns1.ae7q.ampr.*n**et*/

Note that /host ns1.ae7q.ampr.net/ resolves any address ending in
ampr.net, hiding the problem ...

What was supposed to work was:
/
////lynx http://ns1.ae7q.ampr.*org*/

And that does work ...

Sorry for the false alarm ...

A WHOIS on ampr.net shows the domain for sale ... (my opinion on this is
self-censored).