[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN use cases [was: hamwan.net DDNS]

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:10:07 PDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Dean Gibson AE7Q <hamwan at ae7q.com> wrote:

> Which dishes?  Any suitable dishes available where the MikroTik attaches and doesn't dangle?

I ordered 2 small dishes for my HamWAN inspired HPRAN project.   From:

  http://www.fab-corp.com/home.php?cat=270

I'm testing the 17 dBi Echo and the Tri-Band 5.3 flat panel.     First
two radios are the Mikrotik 5SHPn and a dual band big memory Groove.

> I just did a test accessing CenturyLink's test page:
>
> Frontier FiOS:  25.6Mbps down, 12.0 up.
> Comcast RG-6:  28.5Mbps down, 5.8 up.

How does your HamWAN connection speed compare?   I'm not seeing you
(Dean's) node on the web site front page map.

> -- Dean

73
Bill, WA7NWP