[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN use cases [was: hamwan.net DDNS]

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Tue Apr 22 16:20:12 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-22 16:04, Tom Hayward wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Dean Gibson AE7Q <hamwan at ae7q.com> wrote:
>> https://www.airmen.aero/logbook/FlightMap.php?LOGBOOK=A0672484&QUAL=
> That page has more than 3000 lines of javascript.
>
> Tom

Yes, it does, but they are all needed (and trivial) calls to the Google
Maps interface.  All the logic to read them from the database and
generate them, comes from php execution on the server.

I just prefer working on the server side when possible (not possible
with the bubbles).  My feeling is that you minimize browser
compatibility issues.  In my case, I (hopefully) leave those to the
Google Maps API.