[HamWAN PSDR] 44.x.x.x HamWAN network at Paine

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Sun Apr 27 22:59:12 PDT 2014

All that routing stuff is at a layer higher than I was meaning to ask about.

PtMP is just short hand for Point to Multi-Point communication.

In the two modes of operation you outlined, it seems to me it's possible
for 2 mobile stations to communicate with 1 common fixed station by
simply transmitting packets that bear either a common 2-digit code, or
contain the fixed station's callsign.  Is the fixed station capable of
sending responses addressed distinctly to each of the 2 mobile
stations?  Is the addressing doable on a per-packet basis, or would the
fixed radio need to be re-programmed with a new destination address
(callsign) or something?  Can it simply transmit a frame bearing the
common 2-digit code and all stations in earshot will receive it?

In terms of multiplexing, how does any station know when it is OK to
transmit?  Is there a CSMA scheme or is it just an immediate
transmission when data comes in?  Is there something more advanced, like
ARQ?

In the above scenario, are the 2 mobile stations able to communicate
directly between each other?  (assuming all nodes can hear each other here)

--Bart