[HamWAN PSDR] 44.x.x.x HamWAN network at Paine

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:37:06 PDT 2014

> So, you may wonder, why do I want to even screw around with the ID-1 radios
> in DD-mode?  Because there are so few of them, and I have one on the air,
> and the SnoCo DEM has one on the air.

Another local EmComm group has 7 ID-1's that, AFAIK, aren't yet being
used.  Some of the folks there that I've talked to have mentioned
propagation issues as the primary impediment.

I bet they'd be very happy to have a cookbook process in place where
they could get on and connect with a node like Paine Field or set up
one of their own.

73
Bill, WA7NWP