[HamWAN PSDR] Switch to 10 MHz channel plan ACTION REQUIRED

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:42:10 PDT 2014

The transition to the new channel plan is nearly complete. Channels
are spaced 20 MHz apart (on 5880, 5900, and 5920 MHz). For now they
are still 5 MHz wide each.

The deadline I gave was tomorrow. After verifying 100% of the clients
attached to our various Sector 3's had the new channels programmed, I
moved them to 5880 MHz. This immediately improved signal-to-noise
ratio for clients connected to Sector 2--this is a good thing!

I then moved on to Sector 2. All except Paine-S2 (Snohomish County
EOC) have been moved to 5900 MHz. AE7Q was not connecting at 5900 MHz,
so Dean must not have added the new channels yet. I'll leave Paine-S2
on 5905 MHz until Aug 9th as previously promised. The rest of the
clients reconnected successfully on the new frequency.

I was not able to access any of the clients attached to any Sector 1.
Luckily this frequency is the same in both the old and the new channel
plan, so no change is needed on the clients until we increase
bandwidth. We would like to increase bandwidth to 10 MHz on
CapitolPark-S1 as soon as possible, so if you have a client here,
please make sure it has the new channels configured.

Tom KD7LXL

P.S. Haystack is online!