[HamWAN PSDR] Ben Krueger running for Director

Benjamin Krueger ben.krueger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 19:43:41 PST 2014

No hard feelings. That's your prerogative. I do disagree, of course. For
the benefit of others, I'd like to illustrate some of the contributions
I've made in the last year. Call it my HamWAN resume if you will.

* I've driven with the team up a number of mountains, both to tower sites
and on scouting rides (So many hunters, so few Elk)
* Wrote one of the early drafts of our founding documents
* Attended meetings (while we were having them) regularly
* Helped transport, assemble, and run the booth at last year's Mike and Key
Hamfair
* Helped represent HamWAN at the APRS meetup
* Provided ground support for tower climbs
* Even spent a bit of time on the lower half of some towers
* Did a great deal of research
* Managed HamWAN's github repo
* Did a small amount of initial marketing with a Twitter account and by
pimping HamWAN on Reddit
* Advocated for securing access to the network by using IPSec AH sans crypto
* Proposed a new design for an improved antenna testing system which I
believe Bart is now building
* Helped assemble the microwave lab (that gear is heavy!)
* Planned the HamWAN mountaintop snow picnic and grill ;)

And of course I've served as one of the founding directors and voted as
such. I'm not sure this list is complete. It's been a long and busy year
for HamWAN!

--
Benjamin