[HamWAN PSDR] Board of Director's votes - Cory

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Mon Feb 24 15:18:14 PST 2014

Yay for Cory

-----Original Message-----
From: cjohnson at infostatic.com [mailto:cjohnson at infostatic.com] On Behalf Of Cory (NQ1E)
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 2:10 PM
To: psdr at hamwan.org; Kenny Richards
Cc: Nigel Vander Houwen; Benjamin Krueger; Obihai Kus; CW Black; ujasonwilliams at gmail.com; rob at nr3o.com
Subject: Re: Board of Director's votes - Cory

Thank you for your nomination Kenny,

As many of you know, I've been a big supporter of the project for over a year now and tried to share as much of my knowledge and experience (and money) with it as I could.  I wasn't initially a fan of focusing so much on the governance part of a project that didn't have anything to support yet.  However, I now believe it's maturing to the point where it's becoming more and more important and I need to decide if I want to be a part of that or not.

After careful deliberation over the past several days, I've decided that I will volunteer to serve HamWAN in one of its open director roles, pending approval by other supporting members in the next seven days.

One of the things I would like to pursue is a public monthly meeting (either in-person or audio bridge) where we can focus on the governance and have votes without bogging down our mailing list with such things and scaring away any more new people from the project.

Since I'm breaking my silence on the subject, I'll list my votes here as well:

Bart - Yea
Nigel - Yea
Ben - Yea
Cory - Yea