[HamWAN PSDR] Fwd: [Netops] Short Monitoring Outage

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Sun Jan 12 14:38:50 PST 2014

Not sure if the general discussion HamWAN list (psdr) cares about outage
notifications.  Probably not.  Here's one example, forwarded below.

We also had an outage of Baldi a couple days ago during very heavy rain
+ wind.  It was intermittent.  I brought up a secondary link to Baldi in
response to this, and have left it on to be used by the routers as a
backup route when the primary uplink fails.  We REALLLLY need to align
that Baldi dish so this link doesn't fail. We're presently working off a
side lobe, and the main lobe of the Baldi uplink is aimed @ Cougar Mtn
instead.  As cool as that is, it's throwing away signal.

We've had some other edge/uplink router outages in the past, and have
deployed self-healing scripts now to avoid any future occurrences of these.

Overall, I'd say we're improving stability, not just chasing our tail.
There's still a very problematic Paine-CapitolPark link. Could be
mitigated with dish alignment.

--Bart