[HamWAN PSDR] Fwd: [44net] 44net and internal BGP tests

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:42:24 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:21 AM, K7VE - John <k7ve at k7ve.org> wrote:
> These are the applications we need to bring to 44-Net

We're [HamWAN] doing pretty good so far! Hostnames below...

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:56 AM, <lx1duc at laru.lu> wrote:
>> - 2 DMR repeaters
>> - several D-Star HotSpots

None yet.

>> - DNS resolvers open to 44net (Anycasted), secondary DNS Service available for fellow YLs and OMs

HamWAN's recursive DNS is at 44.24.244.1 and 44.24.245.1, anycasted of
course. This will work within 44.24.240.0/20 for resolving any domain.

Authoritative DNS is
a.ns.hamwan.net (44.24.244.2)
b.ns.hamwan.net (44.24.245.2)

>> - NTP servers (Anycasted)

NTP.hamwan.net (44.24.244.4)
NTP.hamwan.net (44.24.245.4)

Also anycasted. At least one of the members in this anycast pool is
GPS-synced statum-1.

>> - VoIP (SIP)

voip.k7nvh.hamwan.net (44.24.255.5)

Ask Nigel for an extension if you want to register your SIP phone. We
have three local numbers for dialing in and out, but I believe they
lack long distance service and are limited to Seattle, Bellevue, and
Olympia (don't quote me on that). We do conference calls
semi-regularly.

>> - VPN
>> - (planned) APRS Server

northwest.aprs2.net (on HamWAN's Seattle-SRV1)

>> - (planned) connect existing APRS I-GATEs

baldi-aprs.kd7lxl.hamwan.net (44.24.240.203) is a dual-channel igate
(144.39 @ 1200 baud and 144.35 @ 9600 baud) connected to
northwest.aprs2.net

>> - (planned) Hosting of HAM webs
>> - (planned) Hosting of HAM email services

We have postfix configured so that outgoing mail works, but no one has
bothered with incoming.

Tom KD7LXL