[HamWAN PSDR] 8dB drop in ten minutes!

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Fri Jun 13 12:28:20 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-13 12:13, Cory (NQ1E) wrote:
> Did it rain on those trees you're pointing at around then? :)
>
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Dean Gibson AE7Q <hamwan at ae7q.com
> <mailto:hamwan at ae7q.com>> wrote:
>
>     This morning (well after the update to v6.15 last night) just
>     after 9:30am, I saw a 8dB drop in both TX and RX signal levels,
>     which persist at this time.  I did a "reset configuration", which
>     did not solve the problem.
>
>     Did anyone do a change at Paine sector 2 around 9:30am?

It's been raining gently all morning.  Last night it rained a bit
harder, and I saw no significant or unusual variation.  I'm going back
to v6.13 to see if that changes anything.

The drop was very sudden.  I have that antenna connection very well
sealed, I thought, and the Ethernet cable runs uphill to get into the
eaves.  I did a cursory visual check of that this morning.