[HamWAN PSDR] FYI: Firmware info

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.net
Sat Mar 15 12:31:16 PDT 2014

Ah, thanks!  I didn't see it in the WinBox list, because it says "SNTP",
and I was looking for something beginning with "N" ...

I notice it starts off with a polling interval of 32 seconds, which as I
understand the NTP protocol (I'm not sure about the SNTP protocol), is
violation of the standard (you start at 64 seconds), but it rapidly
moves to 64 seconds and beyond (as it should).

I ran a stratum 2 server for a decade, and finally dropped it due to
massive abuse: I had abandon the domain I used (see
http://www.ultimeth.com/Abandon.html ), due to an idiot who hard-coded
in his free software (distributed widely, see the link), to access my
NTP server hostname with a polling rate under a minute.

Yes, v6.10, not v6.01.  I'm a mathematician, what can I say?

I see how to do logging ...