[HamWAN PSDR] Change in routing ???

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:36:06 PDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Dean Gibson AE7Q <hamwan at ae7q.net> wrote:
> What happens when you do a: "/ping 44.24.10.1" from the radio?  I got that
> IP address from John Hays as a address that should respond to a ping from
> within the 44 block. All I get are timeouts.

Dean,

HamWAN is a multi-homed (redundant) network. We have multiple
origination points for the 44.24.240.0/20 IP block. However, AMPR (at
least the AMPR portal) only allows one endpoint per network. The
endpoint we currently have configured with AMPR is 209.189.196.68, our
Seattle router.

It looks like from parts of the network it's trying to route
44.24.10.0/24 out HamWAN's Corvallis router (198.178.136.80), but John
Hays system is not listening for IPIP packets from 198.178.136.80.
This is reasonable, considering we're not advertising that address
through AMPR. The problem is AMPR won't let us advertise it.

We might be able to solve this by removing the redundancy within
HamWAN. I'm going to send another message to the 44net mailing list to
see why they have it programmed not to let us have redundant
endpoints.

Tom KD7LXL