[HamWAN PSDR] Change in routing ???

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.net
Fri Mar 28 15:36:04 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-28 14:06, Tom Hayward wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Dean Gibson AE7Q <hamwan at ae7q.net> wrote:
>> Does that also explain part of why I can't access any of the HTTP sites in my prior list, but I could a week ago?  Ie, there's a bit of randomness in the redundancy selection of an origination point?
> If they were 44net HTTP sites, then yes, this could explain it.
>
> The AMPR routes have been removed from HamWAN's Corvallis router for now, meaning they'll all go through the Seattle router. This should fix routing for you. Unfortunately it leaves HamWAN with a single point of failure (or a single point of success, considering AMPR has never supported redundancy in the first place).
>
> Tom KD7LXL

Yes, I can access all my "problem" sites now.  If I understand what you
are saying, the current configuration:

 1. Has a single point of failure for access to 44net addresses.
 2. Has multiple routes (ie, redundancy) to the rest of the Internet.

Or is that possible?  That would seem like the best (current) configuration.

-- Dean

ps: Moving my antenna 8 ft to the east gives a 9dBm increase in
signal-strength.  Pictures pending (eg, when the rain stops).
pps: While setting up the antenna, I received a hand-delivered "stop
work order" from my homeowner's association.  A quick phone call and two
words ("federal preemption") fixed that.  Details with the pictures to
follow ...