[HamWAN PSDR] Kitsap County Tests: East Bremerton, West Bremerton, Silverdale

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:25:00 PDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:09 AM, Daniel Ransom <danra995 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bart,
>
> You know about the antenna in my photo--this is good.  I was wondering if it
> was a decent antenna.  I got it for $25 on eBay.

Hi Dan,

I think this is the antenna in the photos (GD5W-28P):
https://www.hamwan.org/t/tiki-index.php?page=Laird+GD5W-28P

There's a comparison of it to some other antennas here:
https://www.hamwan.org/t/tiki-index.php?page=Antenna+Shootout

It looks to be about 3 dB under the Poynting, despite being the same
size. That explains the difference in your numbers to my
models--they're all off by at least 3 dB!

Tom KD7LXL