[HamWAN PSDR] hamwan.net DDNS [was: hostname on ampr.org?]

Don Fanning don at 00100100.net
Mon Mar 31 12:15:22 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp at gmail.com> wrote:

> The biggest problem - still - as I mentioned at dinner at Kirkland
> last year - is finding a use case and selling it.   [...]

(The answer is 'Facebook' but that's a different
> discussion which I hope to start on the 44net sig later this week...)

Obviously you haven't heard that the Internet is controlled and architected
by 15 year old girls.

Facebook wouldn't be a very good killer app for this.  I really doubt
anyone cares that K7LID (fictitious) worked a pile-up on 20 with his 4
stacked quads running *cough*legal*cough* power and the 200 likes that back
it up from that.  I'd stack up my radio gear and set fire to it at Puyallup
if the world came to that.

Streaming Video/Audio and shared data is the killer app.