[HamWAN PSDR] hamwan.net DDNS [was: hostname on ampr.org?]

charles at thefnf.org charles at thefnf.org
Mon Mar 31 14:30:08 PDT 2014

> I'd suspect this would be a common interest in HamWAN.  Right now,
> anyone setting up a web site on the 44.24.240.x network is subject to
> IP address changes without a hostname being used to hide the issue.

Static IP addresses are good. Especially since you all have a /20 of em.
But in the interim, just use a dynamic DNS client and one of the free
services. Simply CNAME the domain name to the dynamic hostname and
you'll be all set. I did that back when I ran services out of my house
off DSL. Now I colo everything and never have to worry about it.