[HamWAN PSDR] Request for Software - IP Protocol Filtering Measurement

Kenny Richards richark at gmail.com
Sat May 3 14:53:07 PDT 2014

I was surprised there wasn't something already out there that did this, but
in my 10 minutes of google searching I couldn't find anything. What I did
find was the building blocks for making a tool for Bart's IP protocol
stress test. (BIPPST)  Someone already built the tool (
http://nemesis.sourceforge.net/ ) to build various kinds of packets from a
script, so you would just need to build the receiving in. This is the tool
for generation I found, I'm sure there are lots over versions of this for
security work floating around.

For what it is worth, I also noticed a series of outages last night with my
Comcast business line. Started just after midnight and ended around 02:30
this morning. I wonder if this was a more general network maintenance event
and not something specific.

Thanks
Kenny