[HamWAN PSDR] VOTE: $2k budget for Haystack site hardware

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Sat May 3 15:11:56 PDT 2014

To get this straight, this vote is for power systems at Haystack only.
HamWAN modems, antennas, mounting hardware, cable, etc., will need another
vote. Is this right?

I have moderate experience with solar systems, and some of the line items
don't make sense to me.

- What is the Meanwell 24V->12V converter for? The modems run on 24V. What
do we need 12V for?
- What is the IOTA AC->24V converter for? I thought we didn't have AC at
the site. Also, it's available from a seller on Amazon for $150 less than
quoted.
- Why is there no MPPT charge controller? Or batteries?

Tom KD7LXL