[HamWAN PSDR] Metal 5SHPn firmware 6.12 is current (update)

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Sun May 4 13:00:03 PDT 2014

OK, everything is back working, and I have my dBm back!!

Not a comedy of errors, but two factors intertwined to create this problem:

 1. Since configuring the radio after a configuration reset requires the
    use of WinBox (until you get IP addresses set up), I moved the
    network connection from the radio to its normal router on the DMZ,
    and connected it to a router on my LAN via an extension Ethernet
    cable and a "dual-RJ-45-jack adapter".  The port light on the router
    associated with the radio connection was off.  This morning when I
    went to disconnect the cables, I saw the port light on the router
    flash momentarily.  Junked the dual-RJ-45 adapter and used another
    one (I had previously tried a different cable), and I had WinBox
    access to the radio!  Everything worked except for the LEDs ...
 2. *After much more screwing around*, I found out that for version
    6.12,*the LEDs are not configured by default* !!!  Remember, I had
    done a "reset-configuration" ...

So, for others that update to v6.12, here are the relevant lines in the
setup:

*/system leds add type=interface-status interface=ether1-local leds=user-led
/system leds add type=wireless-signal-strength interface=wlan1-gateway
leds=led1,led2,led3,led4,led5*

Now that I know I can configure the LEDs with other options, I'll try
some.  On the IBM PC, I wrote a program for the keyboard LEDs called
"Motel" ...

I have no clue as to why my dBm dropped, and why I now have my prior
values back ...

-- Dean