[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN over tideflats

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Tue May 6 10:53:25 PDT 2014

That's a cool observation.  I would caution against equating correlation
with causation though.  "The effect of tides on signal level" may indeed
be an effect of temperature changes (ducting?) or something else.  If I
recall correctly, you were seeing very large (10dB?) high frequency (1s
period?) signal swings.  It'd be fun to understand that phenomenon as
well as the slower one you're reporting here.  Perhaps you were just
being slowly moved through an interference node with the water level,
and an antenna mounted +/- 2ft from your antenna's elevation might have
reported the opposite power behavior?  I also wonder if there is any
polarization rotation happening here.

--Bart