[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN use cases [was: hamwan.net DDNS]

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Tue May 6 23:28:30 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-22 16:23, Dean Gibson AE7Q wrote:

> On 2014-04-22 16:06, Nigel Vander Houwen wrote:
>> Hey Dean,
>>
>> Can you give me the output of
>>
>> /interface wireless registration-table print oid
>>
>> On your modem? Mikrotik decided to make the OIDs different based on
>> what you're connected to, and this is easier than snmpwalking it.

Actually, when you SNMP-walk it, it appears that the signal strength and
TX/RX rates are duplicated.  One place is specific to the connected MAC
address (I thought that was weird until I thought about it a bit), and
the other place has no relation to the connection.

>> Thanks, Nigel
>
> Having worked very briefly w/ SNMP (and hating it), I understand
> COMPLETELY (grin).

OK, where's voltage and temperature  ???

  /system health print oid
                 voltage: .1.3.6.1.4.1.14988.1.1.3.8.0
             temperature: .1.3.6.1.4.1.14988.1.1.3.10.0

I can't find the message where someone recommended "The Dude", but I've
installed it.  The beta version (4.0b3) seems to be better in general
than the current release version (3.6), although the graphing in the
latter uses better scaling, in my opinion:  One ought to be able to turn
dynamic scaling (vertical axis) on and off, and in the latter case,
specify the limits.  Oh, well;  it's gotten me to probing around in the
SNMP map, and I have "Dude" charting voltage and temperature (the above
OIDs give them in TENTHS).  The latter is more interesting, because
(duh) it goes up and down w/ the outside temperature.  Maybe Bart or Tom
can associate that with propagation (grin).