[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN use cases [was: hamwan.net DDNS]

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:47:02 PDT 2014

>> http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:The_Dude/Web_interface
>
> to punch a hole in four firewalls (two through the two DMZ routers, and two
> through the LAN routers) to the Windows XP machine running the "server".

Couldn't you just use the 44 net address?

> Then, for all that, since "The Dude" maps all the hosts on all the networks
>>>
> "read-only" web option. Lots of exposure with only (apparently) a simple login as protection.

I'd probably only expose the systems on the virtual DMZ...

> Do you have your own radios and antennas yet?

Yes.  You missed show-and-tell at brunch last Saturday.   The two sub
20 dbi 5.8 GHz antennas have arrived.  They're bigger than I expected
but still manageable.  I should be streaming HD John Denver videos and
bridging nw-mesh packets by SeaPac...

Bill