[HamWAN PSDR] Questions from poking around Cacti view of network?

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:58:13 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Kenneth Tolliver <ktolliver at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Rainier/Cascade is also unused at the moment. It has line-of-sight to
>> Baw Faw, if someone can make that happen.
>
> Keep the link available that can reach Baw Faw. I am working to build a link
> from Portland(or even as far South as Salem or Corvallis) to end up at Baw
> Faw.
> That will allow our planned Portland Network to connect to the Puget Sound
> Group. Still not a solid Plan yet; but trying.

Progress stalled on Baw Faw when the Baw Faw Repeater Group realized
that DNR would count the HamWAN modems as additional transmitters,
which requires a modification of their lease--or something like that.

We'd love to expand the network in every direction. So far the biggest
blocker has been negotiating [free] lease agreements.

An RF path to Corvallis would be very cool. We've got an edge router
(tunnel endpoint) there.

Tom