[HamWAN PSDR] 1.2GHz to Paine [was: 44.x.x.x HamWAN network at Paine]

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Sat May 24 20:36:11 PDT 2014

That's what I figured ("features [that] are common to all WiFi
systems"); it just made sense (although that is not always determinative!).

So, my next question:  Is there an available tunneling protocol that
employs those features?

Note that with the ID-1 in the *one watt* setting (same omni antenna), I
can use the 1.2GHz KB7CNN repeater 35 miles away on East Tiger mountain,
with no noise in the FM signal. The link to Paine (5 miles away) was
tried at max power (ten watts) on both radios.  I tried two different
frequencies (that's the beauty of being able to control both radios from
one location!): 1.250GHz and 1.249GHz (I listened on both in FM mode),
with no significant difference.  So, in my opinion, it's a path problem.