[HamWAN PSDR] 1.2GHz to Paine [was: 44.x.x.x HamWAN network at Paine]

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan at ae7q.com
Fri May 30 21:33:17 PDT 2014

The ID-1 has one of those cell-phone-like "3 bars" scales for signal
strength.  When I set my home to ping the DEM (via the ID-1 radios), the
DEM ID-1 would sometimes show one bar (with no response), and then on
the next ping (one second later) show three bars, with a reply being
transmitted.  At the time, there was no rain or appreciable wind, but
obviously something on the path was varying the signal strength.   When
we tried FM voice a couple months ago (to evaluate the path for the
5SHPn), it was virtually free of noise;  I don't recall if we tried DV
voice.