[HamWAN PSDR] Signal levels

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan.stuff at ae7q.com
Sun Apr 5 22:41:38 PDT 2015

OK, I don't believe any of you cut down any trees on the 5.9GHz path to
the SnoCo DEM near Paine field, but *something changed*:

Starting about a week ago, the signal levels have increased about 6dBm.
For the past several days I have had more or less a decent connection:
                   status: connected-to-ess
                     band: 5ghz-n-5mhz
                frequency: 5900MHz
        wireless-protocol: nv2
                  tx-rate: 2.2Mbps
                  rx-rate: 1.5Mbps
                     ssid: HamWAN
                    bssid: D4:CA:6D:7A:B8:07
               radio-name: Paine-S2
          signal-strength: -84dBm
      signal-strength-ch0: -84dBm
       tx-signal-strength: -79dBm
   tx-signal-strength-ch0: -79dBm
              noise-floor: -118dBm
          signal-to-noise: 34dB

This is in marked contrast to just two weeks ago, when I couldn't hold a
connection at all (as was typical through the entire winter).

Kenny, I thought you told me your connection has been poor lately. Have
you checked in the past week?