[HamWAN PSDR] Signal levels

Dean Gibson AE7Q hamwan.stuff at ae7q.com
Sun Apr 5 23:49:11 PDT 2015

I've thought of it.  In order to clear the half-dozen or so houses in
the path of Haystack, I would have to install a tower in my back yard;
mounting the antenna on the east side of my house wouldn't do, due to
the afore-mentioned houses.

I've also thought of pointing at other HamWAN cells.  Somehow, I have a
really good path at 1.2GHz to KB7CNN on East Tiger Mountain: One watt
into a 10dB omni-directional antenna does it.  The path to the Mt. Baldi
site just clears the hills west of East Tiger Mountain by a couple
hundred feet (assuming no earth curvature!).

Capital Hill is also line-of-sight, except for some really big trees a
couple blocks south of me.  I also supposedly have line-of-sight to the
TV towers on Queen Anne, but since reception of channel 5 (KING-TV) is
problematic, I suspect the same trees are a factor there.