[HamWAN PSDR] ARC - DA5834SD1 antenna pattern file?

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Tue Dec 8 12:05:39 PST 2015

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Matthew Lawson <kc7eqo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a antenna pattern file for this Dish antenna?
>
> I modeling some links and was wondering if anyone had created a pattern file or had one already.

Yes, I have this pattern in a .ant file, or did at one time anyway.
It's on a computer that's still boxed up from my move and I can't seem
to locate another copy.

Until I can find my copy, you should be able to model it just fine
without the pattern file. It's a dish, so you can assume it will be
pointed precisely toward the other end of the link. Naturally, the
peak gain is at the center of the pattern (because you've aimed to
optimize signal strength). Therefore the value you subtract for the
pattern will be 0 dB. Or in terms of Radio Mobile config: just set the
DA5834SD1 station to aim directly at the other station and select any
of the stock patterns--they'll all model the same.

If you're planning to utilize the side lobes of the dish to connect
multiple stations, you'll need the pattern file.

Tom KD7LXL