[HamWAN PSDR] Paine routing was broken, is fixed now

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Sun Feb 22 14:52:15 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Kyle Burgess <kd7iyt at gmail.com> wrote:
> One question to you, what polarization should I be using?  I assumed it is
> vertical, which is how I currently have my 2 foot ARC dish antenna hooked
> up.

The sectors at the Paine / Snohomish County DEM site are horizontally
polarized. At Haystack, they're both horizontal and vertical (MIMO).
With the ARC dish, I think you want the connector on the side of the
feedhorn, not the one coming out the bottom. You stand to gain 20 dB
if you're currently using vertical polarization :-)

Tom