[HamWAN PSDR] PSDR Digest, Vol 28, Issue 6

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Mar 9 10:06:55 PDT 2015

On 3/9/15 12:55 PM, Marc Lacy wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> Are these mods posted somewhere?
>
> Thanks
> 73 marc kd7ryy

Not that I know of, but I have some notes on them from 15 years ago when I was
working with them.  I'd be happy to share.

It's basically flashing the spectrum firmware on them (it's universal for
AU/SU), changing the solder jumpers and then rebooting, then flashing the AU
firmware on them.  Flashing it is nothing special, tftp the files to them.

I also have the firmware if anyone wants it.  They are not fast by today's
standards (1.6mbit throughput) but will do pbit QoS, Vlans, single freq, and
have a nice management interface.  I have a decoder key card to get into the
test menu too/ password reset.

The latest firmware is up here, 4.5.16 is the one you want for ham stuff.

http://www.wirelessconnections.net/index.php/BreezeACCESS-900/View-category.html

A couple common problems were Boori init errors which are unrecoverable due to
the ASIC being dead, and the Ethernet chip.  The chip is easy to repair, just
swap it and you're good to go.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice