[HamWAN PSDR] Haystack-SnoDEM (Paine) is working again

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed Oct 7 21:44:25 PDT 2015

Hello,

I went up to Haystack yesterday and replaced the failed modem there.
The link between Haystack and SnoDEM (Snohomish County Department of
Emergency Management / "Paine") is back up at a decent signal level.  We
have a trip scheduled to SnoDEM for Oct 15th @ 5:00PM to better align
two dishes there, including this SnoDEM-Haystack dish, which was
originally aligned with Monroe.

Now despite this good news, the link between Westin and Queen Anne
(which ultimately feeds Haystack) is suffering due to Amazon Fade, and
it's only gonna get worse as the building is completed further and
occupied.  We may need to re-aim the main Haystack uplink dish at a site
different than Queen Anne.  No firm plan on this yet, but East Tiger
might be an option.  Another option might be a new site on Capitol Hill
that I'll be doing a signal test at on Saturday.

Lots of activity lately.