[HamWAN PSDR] Quarterly Board Call

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Sun Apr 3 20:43:52 PDT 2016

Cory,

Not sure I agree with you on the “Votes only need to be held for purchases that exceed the budget “ topic.  If I read the constitution correctly:

Director decisions or actions which:

·         impact HamWAN finances in excess of $100 USD

·         or contractually obligate HamWAN in any way

·         or are reasonably judged as significant

shall be announced to all public HamWAN mailing lists. Voting will be considered complete 24 hours after the mailing list announcement of the issue at hand. Decisions shall be rendered approved by a majority vote of the Directors who voted. Directors unfamiliar with the issue at hand are encouraged to abstain from voting. Non-Directors cannot cast votes, although they can communicate with Directors to influence their votes on issues.

I don’t see anywhere in the constitution that having a budget negates the need to have a vote on expenses over $100.  Let me know if I’m reading something incorrectly.  Even if that is how we are operating now with the $200 limits, technically that doesn’t agree with the constitution.

Don’t get me wrong – I’m not against making it easier to making the spending decisions easier - $100 is far too low for reasons already covered.  If we’re going to fix the problem we need to do it right.  As far as can tell, the constitution really needs to be amended in order to make this happen.

Cheers,

Rob Salsgiver – NR3O