[HamWAN PSDR] Victoria, BC and Seattle EOC are online

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed Apr 27 09:59:23 PDT 2016

Hello,

Last weekend we put Victoria, BC on HamWAN.  It's by far our longest
link in the network, running 153km from Haystack.  We haven't yet
optimized the link (read: aligned the Haystack dish, or increased
bandwidth, tweaked timings) but it's capable of pushing 10Mbit as it
is.  The Victoria group also has a couple sectors which will hopefully
get deployed soon and extend HamWAN coverage into Port Angeles, Sequim,
and The Islands.  They also have plans to interconnect with BCWARN
locally there, so that'll be a very fun extension to the HamWAN network.

Yesterday we also put the Seattle EOC on HamWAN.  They have a strong
link which has been tested to push 90Mbit up and 80Mbit down.  I'm
looking forward to seeing some great emcomm exercises between Seattle
EOC and Snohomish DEM in the near future!

I should also point out that these two new accomplishments were not
funded by HamWAN.