[HamWAN PSDR] Future HamWan Site

Michael Elias ke8avj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:36:55 PDT 2016

Hello HamWan,

I apologize if I am sending this email to the wrong address. My name is
Michael Elias and I am the club secretary for the Saginaw Valley Amateur
Radio Association. We have recently been approved for a grant to upgrade
our repeater and implement a HamWan style system. The grant was for $26,000
with $20,000 of that money allotted to the HamWan system.

This is the largest project our club has ever attempted and although we are
currently working with Central Michigan Emergency Network and the Mi6Wan,
there is serious concern that we will not be able to complete this project.
I am contacting you in advance of our monthly meeting to ask if you would
be willing to help us with this project and if so, how much and what type
of help we could expect from you in accomplishing this project? I
understand you currently know nothing about the project or what we are
trying to accomplish so I don't expect you to give specifics or details.

Our club meeting is this Friday, September 2. Although the grant has been
approved, our general membership still needs to vote on accepting the grant
money and committing to the project. I am putting together a presentation
for this meeting to answer questions and address concerns. I am trying to
make this presentation as complete as possible and if you like I can send
you a copy when it is complete.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing
from you.
Michael Elias
K8AVJ
SVARA website www.k8dac.com