[HamWAN PSDR] Mobile HamWAN Configuration

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Thu Dec 29 14:02:35 PST 2016

I don't think you'll ever get omnidirectional to work, at least not
with the current cell spacing. I've used a couple different models of
pneumatic mast and all of them allowed for rotating the mast. It was
actually pretty easy to rotate because the mast section is floating on
air. Once locked in place it no longer rotates. I would plan to use a
directional antenna and aim as part of the mast setup process.
Assuming any other antennas supported by the mast are omnidirectional,
you can rotate the whole mast and only worry about orientation of the
HamWAN dish. I have done this with a pneumatic mast shared by VHF omni
and directional LTE antenna and it worked quite well.

If you can get your hands on one, I'd recommend the Poynting dish:
http://www.titanwirelessonline.com/Poynting-5-8GHz-31dBi-Grid-p/at-30gr-58.htm

The LHG (international version) or QRT are also good options:
https://routerboard.com/RBLHG-5nD
https://routerboard.com/rb911g-5hpnd-qrt

Tom