[HamWAN PSDR] Kitsap County Gold Mountain HamWAN Attempts, Dish and Sector Antennas K7MM

Daniel Ransom danra995 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 18:44:32 PST 2016

It's working!  I had the sector antenna/Metal S5HPn high in the tree at the peak of the (leafless) canopy with -88 dB signal and lots of lost packets.  I tried a position under the canopy (after a little chain-saw work clearing branches for the positioning ropes)—voila:  -82 dB received signal with good, fast timing and few lost packets.  It's 330 feet of shielded cable into the K7MM hamshack.  When I transmit on 80 meters it reboots the modem--the cable is parallel with my off-center-fed dipole.
I ordered the QRT-5 integrated panel and MIMO radio, so we will see how much better is the signal on this new hardware.73 from Dan at K7MM509 330 6398