[HamWAN PSDR] There are now three HamWAN networks online.

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sun Jul 10 15:53:16 PDT 2016

I'm posting this from the Tampa Bay HamWAN network.  It's been a couple years
of hard work to get here, but we've finally joined the ranks of HamWAN.

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/30742-1/Screen+Shot+2016-07-10+at+6_22_28+PM.png

In basic testing we've been seeing about 10-15 mbit/s of performance over the
10 MHz 802.11n cells.  We have three sectors up about 500' in the center of
downtown Tampa, meaning we should have a huge coverage area.

For a 30' client with a -75 or better signal we expect to have a coverage like
this:
http://gallery.keekles.org/d/30729-1/5ghz+10m+32dBm+31+dbi+client+-75+or+better+75_+of+time.png

Based on the bit of rover testing I've done today, we fully expect it.
http://gallery.keekles.org/d/30739-1/0710161534.jpg

We're going to test for the next few weeks and eventually lock stuff down at
that point.  There is still much to do and more sites to turn on locally here.

We have a repeater on Allstar 40821 and 41618 if anyone want to link over this
way.

73's
--
Bryan Fields