[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN in Portland Oregon

Nigel Vander Houwen nigel at nigelvh.com
Wed May 4 12:17:44 PDT 2016

Hello Scott,

In short, certification and using the HamWAN name revolve around being compatible from a client perspective. The same channel plan, and the same protocols means that a client from any HamWAN compatible network can travel to any other, and should expect it to work without having to reconfigure. How the rest of the network is constructed isn’t required to be the same, and can be done however makes sense for your uses.

We’re on chat a lot in the #hamwan channel on freenode. http://webchat.freenode.net/?nick=HamWAN..&channels=%23HamWAN <http://webchat.freenode.net/?nick=HamWAN..&channels=#HamWAN>

If you have more specific questions about aspects, or chat in general, I’d encourage you to join us there, and we’d be happy to chat with you.

Nigel