[HamWAN PSDR] Triangle sectors are on the air

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Mon May 9 22:56:32 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Daniel Ransom via PSDR <psdr at hamwan.org> wrote:
> Tom,
> I saw something about a frequency change for Gold Mountain.  Are these in
> the script that you referenced, below?
> I have the trees cleared and now I have a beautiful, bare, aspen-tree
> microwave tower in my back yard.  I have to mount the modem back into the
> kite mount.

No, I don't think the frequency change was documented anywhere other
than Bart's email. It is a temporary hack Bart made so that the
NetMetal (which can't tune 5 MHz channels) at Capitol Peak could
connect to Gold-S2. If all goes as planned, it will revert to its
standard frequency Saturday.

Here's the line to add it to your config:

/interface wireless channels
add band=5ghz-onlyn comment="Temporary Gold-S2" frequency=5670
list=HamWAN name=GoldS2 width=20

Tom